extended-choice-parameter-plugin creates various types of choice fields for use with the Input Step plugin.
This is accomplished using json-editor, which generates an HTML form from a JSON Schema. The json editor requires two inputs: the html
id of the section holding the form and
options which drive the form creation.
Additional documentation is desired. Please create pull requests with better documentation of the params. Thanks!
The name of the parameter.
The type of parameter
- Single Select: user chooses a single selection from a drop down menu, populated by either explicit values (see Value field below) or a property file (see Property File and Property Key fields below)
- Multi Select: a user can choose multiple selections from a multi-line box, populated by either explicit values (see Value field below) or a property file (see Property File and Property Key fields below)
- Check Boxes: user can check off zero or more check boxes, labeled by either explicit values (see Value field below) or a property file (see Property File and Property Key fields below)
- Multi-Level Single Select: user chooses a selection from a drop down, and then a another drop down appears with selections that depend on the first value, and upon second selection a third drop down may appear depending on the first two selections, and so on.
- Multi-Level Multi Select: same as single select, but after all levels are chosen, a button appears to "Select another..." and an additional multi-level selection is presented.
Comma separated list of values for the single select or multi-select box. This field can be left blank if the comma separated values need to be picked up from a properties file (set via 'Property File' and 'Property Key').
The properties file is a collection of key,value pairs of the form key=value1,value2,...
The property of the property file to use.
For example, if the property file was the following:
Then you could specify the property as either
Initial selection of the single-select or mult-select box.
In case of the multi-select box, default value can be a comma separated string.
Absolute path (specified without using environment variables).
Inserts this value between selections when the parameter is a multi-select.
The default when empty is ','
If specified, this adds a currentProject entry to the groovy script context. The entry's value is set to the specified Jenkins project.
For info on how to use groovy script feature see this link
Refer to contribution guidelines
Licensed under MIT, see LICENSE