This a port of Afonso F's Jenkins material theme (http://afonsof.com/jenkins-material-theme/) to use Theme Manager plugin (https://github.com/jenkinsci/theme-manager-plugin#configuring-the-plugin). This should allow Jenkins administrators to easily switch themes and allow users to select their own theme.
To install this theme search for 'Material theme' in your Jenkins update center.
Go to the "Configure System" page, search for 'Built-in Themes' and select 'Material - Indigo' or 'Material - Red'
Or with the configuration-as-code plugin:
unclassified: themeManager: disableUserThemes: true theme: "material-indigo" # or 'material-red' or 'material-grey' or 'material-light-blue'
To build and run this plugin you should only need to run:
mvn clean hpi:run
Here is a list of the tools (and versions) I have in my development enviornment - outside of those handeled in the pom.xml. Java 11 Maven 3.5
To release a new version of this plugin, please follow these steps: https://www.jenkins.io/doc/developer/publishing/releasing/
I am not a front-end web or Java developer. The CCS in the project has mostly been copied from http://afonsof.com/jenkins-material-theme/. The Java in this project has modified from the dark theme plugin (https://github.com/jenkinsci/dark-theme-plugin).
- Add the ability for users to define custom theme pallets.
- Need to add tests to check:
- That when a theme is loaded through the UI, that the correct theme is loaded.
- Jenkins Material Theme for the original theme.
- jenkins-contrib-theme for the core theme
- Google for the the material design inspiration and the icons
- Material Design Icons for some extra icons
- Theme Manager for the base plugin.
- Dark Theme for Jenkins for a good example of using the theme manager.