This plugin is to manage update sites, where Jenkins accesses in order to retrieve plugins.
Sites where Jenkins finds and downloads new plugins, which are called
update sites, are listed in hudson.model.UpdateCenter.xml.
This plugin enables you to manage update sites in the Jenkins configuration page with web browsers.
Following features are available:
- "Manage UpdateSites" link is added to "Manage Jenkins" page.
- You can list, add, edit, or delete an update site registered with Jenkins.
- When adding a new update site, you specify following fields:
- Disable this site
- Check if you want to disable the update site temporary.
- The ID of the update site. Value to specify here is specified by the update site.
- The URL of the update site. Usually, the URL to update-center.json.
- A note. It is not used by Jenkins, and you can note anything here.
- CA Certificate
- CA Certificate for this site. This is useful for a update site which is signed with a self-signed certificate.
- Disable this site
- "Manage UpdateSites" is added in "Manage Jenkins" page.
- You can list, add, edit, or delete an update site registered with
- You can easily register an update site using a self-signed certificate by specifying CA cetificate for that site.
- Following update sites are listed in "Manage UpdateSites" page, but
cannot be edited nor deleted.
- Default update site (its ID is "default"). This can be configured in "Manage Plugins" page.
- Update sites provided by other plugins. These plugins must provide their own configuration pages for their update sites.
- Create a menu icon.
To report a bug or request an enhancement to this plugin please create a ticket in JIRA (you need to login or to sign up for an account). Also have a look on How to report an issue
- Now targets Jenkins >= 1.609
- Supports server-based download
- server-based download was introduced in Jenkins 1.557 and enabled by default in Jenkins 1.600.
- Changed the design of the configuration page (See the above
- You can list and edit update sites in the same page.
- Refactored the code and doesn't preserve binary compatibilities with
versions < 2.0.0.
- Preserves configuration compatibilities and doesn't affect users in almost all cases.
- Plugins depending on update-sites-manager might not work when you upgrade from versions < 2.0.0.
- No official plugins provided by Jenkins communities doesn't depend on update-sites-manager for now.
- Private plugins (e.g. plugins developed internally in your
company) might be broken.
- Please let me know if features you need for those plugins is no longer available.
- Added help texts.
- Initial release.