Who is this plugin for?
It's for users of Redgate's SQL Change Automation. The tools help users manage databases alongside application code in agile processes. The SQL Change Automation tool plugs into Jenkins to enable continuous integration for your SQL Server databases.
What does it do?
It's an easy way to build, test, synchronize and publish databases using Jenkins:
- Build - builds your database from a Redgate source controlled database to a NuGet package.
- Test - generates test data using Redgate's SQL Data Generator and runs tSQLt tests against the package.
- Sync - updates an existing database with the latest version in the package.
- Publish - publishes the package to a NuGet feed ready for deployment.
What are the prerequisites?
You'll need to install:
- Redgate's SQL Source Control or SQL Change Automation so you can generate a project
Free trial versions of these tools are available.
Developing or debugging this plugin
Redgate recommend the JetBrains IntelliJ IDEA environment for developing or debugging. There's a free community edition available.
To get a development version of Jenkins working with the Redgate SQL Change Automation plugin installed:
- Clone the repository.
- Install Maven.
- Open a command prompt at the repository root directory and run the
- set MAVEN_OPTS=-Xdebug -Xrunjdwp:transport=dt_socket,server=y,address=8000,suspend=n
- mvn hpi:run
For more details, see this Jenkins tutorial
If you need help with this plugin, email email@example.com
Know how to improve this plugin?
If you can make this plugin better - great! Code it and submit a pull request. If it looks good, we'll merge in your changes.
Alternatively, email your suggestions to firstname.lastname@example.org