GIT server1.8Minimum Jenkins requirement: 2.138.4ID: git-server
See Git userContent plugin as a nice and short example of how to take advantages of this feature.
In terms of code, there are two classes that plugins like
git-userContent-plugin should be interested in.
HttpGitRepository, which represents Git repository access via HTTP. Typically you have some directory inside
$JENKINS_HOME that houses the repository, then you subtype
GitHttpRepository and override abstract methods to fill in the missing details.
FileBackedHttpGitRepository is a convenient default implementation that simplifies this further. GitUserContentRepository in
git-userContent-plugin is an example of using this class. This use also implements RootAction to bind this repository at http://server/jenkins/userContent.git, and I expect this combination to be fairly common.
The other class of interest is
RepositoryResolver. Git server plugin adds necessary Jenkins SSH CLI hook for exposing Git repositories over SSH. The only missing link here is that when the client runs "
git clone ssh://server/foo/bar/zot.git", we need to figure out what repositories on the server corresponds to
/foo/bar/zot.git, and that's what the
RepositoryResolver extension point does. The sample implementation in
git-userContent-plugin will be hopefully self-explanatory. In this case,
GitUserContentRepository is a singleton (because it's
RootAction), so we inject that and basically just delegate the calls to it.
1.8 and newer
See GitHub releases.
1.7 (July 12, 2016)
- JENKINS-35510 Update to the new Parent POM
1.6 (Dec 18 2014)
- git clone fails over HTTP, although SSH works (JENKINS-25212)
1.5 (Nov 14 2014)
- git-push via HTTP will work correctly even when CSRF protection is enabled. No more "No valid crumb was included in request" error.
1.4 (Oct 14 2014)
- De-couple jgit dependencies from Git Client Plugin to avoid LinkageError caused by jgit version incompatibility.
1.3 (Feb 10 2014)
- Another JGit incompatibility with Git Client (JENKINS-21163)
1.2 (Aug 09 2013)
- JGit incompatibility with new Git Client plugin (JENKINS-18973)