Feature Branch Notifier is an alternative solution to launching builds dynamically on different branches. Instead of cloning projects and configuring them to work on different branches, one job's builds will run on branches that have updates.
For a more detailed guide / introduction look at my article on ZeroTurnaround's blog
This plugin was created as a result of my BSc thesis, about using Continuous Integration and feature branches together in a project. The full thesis can be retrieved here, which contains lengthier explanations about the ups and downs of using these two methodologies together and a very detailed introduction to the Feature Branch Notifier plugin.
Version 1.4 (Nov 16, 2014)
- Fixed compatibility with newer Jenkins core that was introduces since version 1.568 (Thank you Mads Mohr Christensen!)
Version 1.3 (Nov 30, 2013) - RECOMMENDED UPDATE!
- Fixed polling loop when new branch is created in the repository
- Fixed branch short display name not always showing first 12 chars
Version 1.2 (Sep 21, 2013)
- WARNING! After this upgrade all Feature branch aware job configurations have to be resaved, because upgrade is incompatible
- Feature branch aware trigger now handles notifyCommit requests
- Global configuration option whether to show full length branch names in Build History view or just first 12 letters.
- Environment variable $BRANCH_ALPHANUMERIC now available (like $BRANCH) to get branch name that has been escaped to just alphanumeric characters
- Support ignore post commit hooks
Version 1.1 (Jun 05, 2013)
- Fixed feature branch actions being accumulated in the trigger
Version 1.0 (Jun 04, 2013)
- Initial release of the plugin