This plugin is up for adoption. Want to help improve this plugin? Click here to learn more!
Extra Tool Installers
Jenkins plugin. Provides additional tool installers.
Plugin provides following installers:
- Batch command installer for Windows.
- This is functionally similar to the core code BatchCommandInstaller, but this one performs variable substitution on the batch script before it is executed.
- Useful when you want your installation script to take node-specific variables into account.
- Install from a specified folder
- Setup without any actions (ex, "installation" from a shared directory)
- Useful when a tool is pre-installed on nodes matching a particular label expression
- Skip or fail installation
- Prints warnings during the installation and/or fails the installation
- Useful when a tool is not available on nodes matching a particular label expression
- Download (with basic authentication) and extract a zip/tar.gz
- This is functionally similar to the core code "Extract .zip/.tar.gz" installer, but this supports HTTP Basic Authentication for the download.
- Useful when you need to download from servers that do not permit anonymous downloads.
- Try any of ...
- Used to try (and possibly re-try) one or more nested installers until one succeeds.
- Useful when using e.g. Extract .zip/tar.gz installers that are downloading from URLs which cannot be relied upon.
Example of installers usage in the Custom Tools Plugin:
Example of using the "Try any of..." and "basic-auth" installers to try downloading a custom tool from either of two (unreliable) internal servers, retrying if necessary:
Version 0.5 (Feb 08, 2019)
- Added the "Download (with basic authentication) and extract .zip/.tar.gz" installer
- Added the "Try any of ..." installer
Version 0.4 (Dec 12, 2017)
- Update the core requirement to 1.651.3
- Cleanup the documentation and minor issues reported by FindBugs
Version 0.3 (01/19/2014)
- Added a home directory to the stub installer to avoid validation failures => warnings support (JENKINS-19527)
- Parameters substitution error check is optional (false by default)
- Renamed BatchCommandInstaller to avoid display name conflicts (JENKINS-21202)
Version 0.2 (08/16/2013)
- Stub installer: Print warning message or fail the build
- Support of variables substitution in the "Tool Home" and stub installer's "Message"
Version 0.1 (07/20/2013)
- Batch Command Installer
- Shared Directory Installer ("install from the specified folder")