This plugin provides an API for multiple branch based projects.
The following concepts are provided:
- Multibranch projects: projects consisting in a group of several projects, one for each defined branch.
- Organizational folders: a folder-like collection of Multibranch projects, one per repository.
- Branch properties: add additional information linked to the branch, which can then be used to take decisions. Some properties are provided:
- Do not trigger builds for branch.
- Do not trigger builds for organizational folder.
- Override triggering behaviour for multibranch project or organizational folder.
- Untrusted author.
- Limit builds for a branch to a certain rate.
- Discard old builds for branch.
For generic information about how to use the Branch API plugin, please see the user guide
If you are writing a plugin that implements this API, please see the implementation guide
To build the plugin locally:
mvn clean verify
To test in a local Jenkins instance
If you have to try and diagnose issues with events or indexing, the following information may be of assistance:
Jobs triggered by SCM Events try to capture their origin.
This can be very helpful to quickly identify where events that trigger builds are coming from.
More detailed event processing information is available from the event logs.
By default, the CloudBees Folders plugin will only retain the logs of the last scan / index. If you are having issues with scanning / indexing, it can help to turn on the retention with the system property
com.cloudbees.hudson.plugins.folder.computed.FolderComputation.BACKUP_LOG_COUNT (note that you can write directly to that field using the System Groovy Console, so you can change the value on a running system without a restart)
The Multi-branch projects will log the initial arrival of events and any routing decisions in the
$JENKINS_HOME/logs/jenkins.branch.MultiBranchProject.log file (which will be rolled every 32kB, limit of 5 files)
- Once an event has been routed to a specific Multi-branch project, the responsibility for logging the event will belong with that Multi-branch project and will be stored in the
$JENKINS_HOME/jobs/$PATH_TO_PROJECT/indexing/events.log(which will be rolled every 150kB, limit of
The Organization folder projects will log the initial arrival of events and any routing decisions in the
$JENKINS_HOME/logs/jenkins.branch.OrganizationFolder.log file (which will be rolled every 32kB, limit of 5 files)
- Once an event has been routed to a specific Organization folder project, the responsibility for logging the event will belong with that Organization folder project and will be stored in the
$JENKINS_HOME/jobs/$PATH_TO_PROJECT/computation/events.log(which will be rolled every 150kB, limit of