A Jenkins plugin to deploy an Azure Function.
To use this plugin to deploy to Azure Function, first you need to have an Azure Service Principal in your Jenkins instance.
- Create an Azure Service Principal through Azure CLI or Azure portal.
- Open Jenkins dashboard, go to Credentials, add a new Microsoft Azure Service Principal with the credential information you just created.
Then create a Function in Azure portal or through Azure CLI.
You can deploy your project to Azure Function by uploading your build artifacts using GIT or ZIP.
- Create a new freestyle project in Jenkins, add necessary build steps to build your code.
- Add a post-build action 'Publish an Azure Function'.
- Select your Azure credential in Azure Profile Configuration section.
- In App Configuration section, choose the resource group and function app in your subscription, and also fill in the files you want to deploy (for example, a jar package if you're using Java).
- There are two optional parameters Source Directory and Target Directory that allows you to specify source and target folders when uploading files.
- Save the project and build it, your function app will be deployed to Azure when build is completed.
Deploy using Pipeline
You can also use this plugin in pipeline (Jenkinsfile). Here are some samples to use the plugin in pipeline script:
To deploy a NodeJS function app:
azureFunctionAppPublish azureCredentialsId: '<credential_id>', resourceGroup: '<resource_group_name>', appName: '<app_name>', filePath: '**/*.js,**/*.json'
For advanced options, you can use Jenkins Pipeline Syntax tool to generate a sample script.
Azure Function Plugin collects usage data and sends it to Microsoft to help improve our products and services. Read our privacy statement to learn more.
You can turn off usage data collection in Manage Jenkins -> Configure System -> Azure -> Help make Azure Jenkins plugins better by sending anonymous usage statistics to Azure Application Insights.
Version 0.3.0, 2019-01-07
- Deploy Java function with zip deployment instead of ftp deployment
Version 0.2.1, 2018-04-03
- Support for credentials lookup in Folders
Version 0.2.0, 2018-01-09
- Support MSI
Version 0.1.2, 2017-11-07
- Specify refspec explicitly when doing git push
- Add Third Party Notice
Version 0.1.1, 2017-10-18
- Remove runtime licenses
Version 0.1.0, 2017-10-04
- Initial release