This plugin provides a shared dependency on the ning.com async-http-client library so that other plugins can co-operate when using this library.
Beside the dependency to the async library (https://github.com/AsyncHttpClient/async-http-client), this plugin also provides a utility class to help you get the proxyserver instance that is correct for the current jenkins instance.
Typical config setup
AsyncHttpClientConfig.Builder httpClientConfig = new AsyncHttpClientConfig.Builder().setRequestTimeoutInMs(25000) .setProxyServer(AHCUtils.getProxyServer());
For code which is running on the master and is happy to use a shared instance that will be shut down with Jenkins, as of 1.7.8, there is a singleton which keeps an instance configured for the current proxy server:
There is also a responsive mailing list for using the base async-http-client library at: https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups\#\\!forum/asynchttpclient\\\|https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups\#\\!forum/asynchttpclient (https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups\#\\!forum/asynchttpclient)
Version 220.127.116.11 (Nov 2018)
- Updated async-http-client dependency to 1.7.24-jenkins-1, which includes some of the security fixes from 1.9.40.
Version 18.104.22.168 (Oct 2017)
- Updated async-http-client dependency to 1.9.40.
- Updated java level to 7.
- Updated jenkins baseline to 1.625.3.
Version 22.214.171.124 (Jun 2016)
- Upgraded to 2.9 parent POM.
- Fixed SECURITY-305.
Version 1.7.24 (Dec 2015)
- Updated async-http-client dependency to 1.7.24
- Bump core version to 1.466 and stop bundling slf4j in the hpi file
- Pick up noProxyHosts configuration from Jenkins proxy settings (issue 31823)
Version 1.7.8 (Dec 2012)
- Added AHC.instance() to provide a shared instance for use on the master.
- Updated async-http-client dependency to 1.7.8
Version 1.7.4-1 (May 2012)
- Fixed plugin description when the plugin is installed.
Version 1.7.4 (May 2012)
- Updated async-http-client dependency to 1.7.4.
Version 1.7.2-1 (April 2012)
- Changed required core from 1.424 to 1.398 to allow for greater uptake
Version 1.7.2 (April 2012)
- Initial release, based on com.ning:async-http-client:1.7.2