This plugin integrates Jenkins with VirtualBox (version 3, 4.0, 4.1, 4.2 and 4.3) virtual machine.
The first step is the VirtualBox cloud configuration:
Configure the VirtualBox server, that allows to remotely manage VMs, and start it.
Manage Jenkins -> Configure System -> Cloud -> Add a new cloud -> VirtualBox
If it doesn't work, then you can try to disable authentication library by executing following command on VirtualBox host:
VBoxManage setproperty websrvauthlibrary null
If you got this error:
Runtime modeler error: Wrapper class org.virtualbox_3_1.IWebsessionManagerLogon is not found. Have you run APT to generate them?
Then you should upgrade Java (probably it is a bug in jax-ws). Also note that plugin was tested on Java 1.6.0_19.
Now you can setup your nodes in Jenkins and use them to build your projects:
- Add Manage Jenkins -> Manage Nodes -> New Node
- Set Node name for VirtualBox Slave
Virtual Machine Nameand
Virtual Machine Type
- restore snaphot (beta version available in the github repository as branch (snap))
- build wrapper
- Added VirtualBox 4.3 support
- Slave stop mode could now be 'pause' or 'powerdown'. Powerdown should help when you're faced to VM errors on resume (ie: https://www.virtualbox.org/ticket/9796)
- Added VirtualBox 4.2 support (issue #JENKINS-15175 )
- Added Virtual Machine Types 'gui' and 'sdl' (issue #9752)
- Added support for VirtualBox version 4.0 and 4.1 (issue #8634)
- Fixed critical bug, which prevented creation of node (JENKINS-6375)
- Used official virtualbox library, reimplemented launch process
- Fixed delegation to user-specified launcher (JENKINS-6276)
- Added type of start - headless or vrdp (JENKINS-6279)
- VirtualBoxBuildWrapper disabled
- Added VirtualBoxBuildWrapper
- Added VirtualBoxSlave
- Tested on VirtualBox 3.1.6 r59338, Jenkins 1.346, Java 1.6.0_19
- First version published