Jenkins plugin that adds a build step for cloning a view and jobs that are visible in it.
View-cloner is a build step plugin that allows to copy a view and jobs visible in it. In the process of copying job names and configurations can be changed with supplied replacement pattern.
- Create a Freestyle Project and add "View clone" step.
- Fill all 5 fields
- Absolute url of the view (Absolute url to the view you want to clone)
- Niew view name (Name of the view that will be created)
- Replace pattern (Comma separated list of oldValue=newValue Example: 1.1-SNAPSHOT=1.2-SNAPSHOT, slave1=slave2, master=release_19)
- Username to authenticate with (user needs to have rights to job/view configs and job/view creation).
- Password for the user
- Save and Build.
If you have role based security it is advised to create the "view clone job" where simple users cant configure it.
NOTE: Views populated using regex are not supported (jobs will not be cloned)
Example was done using Nested and Sectioned view plugins.
1.1 initial release
- Add ability to clone from remote Jenkins instances.
- Add support for views populated with regex.
- Allow variables in step configuration