This plugin posts build results to Twitter.Each Twitter update will contain build result, its build number, and job name. Optionally, the build URL can be included in which case it will be run through tinyurl.com. See the demo user (other).
The Twitter plugin uses the configuration of the core Mailer in order to determine the build URL.
After the plugin is installed you will need to get an OAuth token and token secret. These can be gotten by logging into Twitter as the user you want Hudson to tweet as and then download
Then execute java -jar auth.jar. This will give you a URL to authorize Hudson to tweet with this user account. Twitter will then give you a pin to give to auth.jar. Then you will be presented with a Token and TokenSecret. Copy these into the appropriate fields in your Hudson setup.
- Updated to Twitter4J 3.0.3
- support OAuth. JENKINS-7365 .
- Change build number mark to "$" from "#".
- Fixed validation of input form.
- Fixed JENKINS-4476 .
- Upgraded to Twitter4J 2.0.10.
- Fixed Maven Project Job can use Twitter Plugin.
- Upgraded to Twitter4J 1.0.4.
- Tweets are now sent asynchronously.
- Can now specify a different username/password per project.
- Tweets can optionally include the build URL.
- Tweets can be restricted to only be sent when a build fails or recovers.
- Initial release