Syslog logger1.0.5Minimum Jenkins requirement: 1.580.3ID: syslog-logger
Last released: 4 years ago
Cyrille Le Clerc
This plugin send jenkins logs to syslog.
The Jenkins Syslog Logger Plugin send the Jenkins logs to a Syslog Server.
- Network protocol:
- UDP is currently the only supported network protocol.
- TCP (RFC 6587: Transmission of Syslog Messages over TCP)
- Message delimitation is done with "\r\n" (aka "3.4.2. Non-Transparent-Framing"). Delimitation indicating the message size (aka "3.4.1. Octet Counting") is not implemented for the moment.
- TCP + SSL (RFC 5425: Transport Layer Security (TLS) Transport Mapping for Syslog)
- The certificate of the Syslog server must be trusted by the JVM, no mechanism has been implemented for the moment to provide a specific trust store and/or to disable certificate validation.
- Client Authentication is not supported for the moment.
- Message format: both RFC 3164: The BSD syslog Protocol and RFC 5424: The Syslog Protocol are supported .
The Jenkins Syslog Logger Plugin can be configured in the "Configure System" screen.
Version 1.0.5 (Nov 10, 2015)
- Fix JENKINS-31189 Add setters on configuration for Groovy scripting
Version 1.0.4 (Apr 16, 2015)
- Fix JENKINS-27959 - define UDP as the default transport
Version 1.0.3 (Feb 25, 2015)
Version 1.0.2 (Sept 28, 2014)
- Add support for new Syslog transports: TCP and TCP + SSL
Version 1.0.1 (Apr 15, 2014)
- Fix "Infinite loop in java.util.logging when logging is enabled on UdpSyslogMessageSender"
Version 1.0.0 (Apr 7, 2014)
- Initial version