SOOS is the affordable, easy-to-integrate Software Composition Analysis solution for your whole team.
- Scan your Open Source Software, Webapps and Containers for vulnerabilities
- Ease of integration (run your first scan in minutes or get your first scan results within minutes)
- Control the introduction of new dependencies and vulnerabilities
- Exclude unwanted license-types
- Detect and prevent dependency substitutions and typo-squatting
- Generate SBOMs
- Fill out your compliance worksheets with confidence
- Simple and affordable pricing. Only one plan that includes every feature we offer up to 100 projects, unlimited users, and no scan limits.
The SOOS SCA Plugin will locate and analyze any supported manifest files under the specified directory.
To use SOOS SCA Plugin you need to:
- Install the SOOS SCA Plugin
- Configure authorization
- Select the mode
- Configure other plugin parameters
- Cargo - Rust
- Composer - PHP
- Dart PM (Pub Package Manager) - Dart
- Gradle - Java & Kotlin
- Homebrew - (various languages)
- Maven - Java
- Mix - Elixir
- NuGet - .NET
- NPM (Node Package Manager) - Node
- PyPI - Python
- Rebar3 - Erlang
- Ruby Gems - Ruby
Our full list of supported manifest formats can be found here.
Visit soos.io to create your trial account.
Install or upgrade the SOOS SCA Plugin from Jenkins Plugin Manager with these steps. Once complete, you’re all set to add a SOOS SCA step to your projects.
Log in to your Jenkins instance to install the SOOS SCA Plugin. Navigate to Manage Jenkins > Manage Plugins and select Available tab. Search for SOOS SCA and from list, check the radio button to install the plugin for your Jenkins installation. After that just need to click the install button.
To manually install the plugin you have two options:
- Download and copy the plugin .hpi file into /plugins/, and restart the server.
- Download the .hpi file, log in to your Jenkins instance, go to Manage Jenkins > Manage Plugins and select Advanced tab. Just choose the soos-sca.hpi file, and click the Upload button to install it.
SOOS SCA needs environment variables which are passed as parameters. These environment variables are stored by checking "Environment variables" on Manage Jenkins > Configure System > Global Properties, and they are required for the plugin to operate.
|SOOS_CLIENT_ID||Provided to you when subscribing to SOOS services.|
|SOOS_API_KEY||Provided to you when subscribing to SOOS services.|
These values can be found in the SOOS App under Integrate.
Set the Mode parameter to Run and wait, then you can run the plans in your CI/CD, and wait for the scan to complete.
Set the Mode parameter to Async init, if you don't care about the scan result in your CI/CD plan, this is all you have to do!
If you care about the result or want to break the build when issues occur, set the Mode parameter to Async result.
Select/Inputs Default Description Project Name "" REQUIRED. A custom project name that will present itself as a collection of test results within your soos.io dashboard. Mode "Run and wait" Running mode, alternatives: "Async init" - "Async result" Directories To Exclude "" List (comma separated) of directories (relative to ./) to exclude from the search for manifest files. Example - Correct: bin/start/ ... Example - Incorrect: ./bin/start/ ... Example - Incorrect: /bin/start/' Files To Exclude "" List (comma separated) of files (relative to ./) to exclude from the search for manifest files. Example - Correct: bin/start/manifest.txt ... Example - Incorrect: ./bin/start/manifest.txt ... Example - Incorrect: /bin/start/manifest.txt' On Failure "Fail the build" Stop the building in case of failure, alternative: "Continue on failure" Analysis Result Max Wait 300 Maximum seconds to wait for Analysis Result before exiting with error. Analysis Result Polling Interval 10 Polling interval (in seconds) for analysis result completion (success/failure.). Min 10. API Base URL "https://api.soos.io/api/" The API BASE URI provided to you when subscribing to SOOS services. Package Manager "" Comma separated list of names of Package Managers to filter manifest search.