Quality Gates2.5Minimum Jenkins requirement: 1.625.3ID: quality-gates
This plugin will fail the build whenever the Quality Gates criteria in the Sonar analysis aren't met (the project Quality Gates status is different than "Passed").
Jenkins version 1.532 or newer is required.
Working with all the versions of Sonar.
1. Global Configuration
1.1. No Sonar Instance Configured
If there isn't any instance configured the Global Configuration will look like this:
And the plugin will be running with default Sonar Instance. Which contains the following values: URL='http//localhost:9000', Username='admin' and Password='admin'.
1.2. One Sonar Instance Configured
- Name - Specify the value of the name, so that is not empty. Configurations with duplicated values for the name will not be saved.
- SonarQube Server URL - Specify the URL of your Sonar instance URL format for HTTP protocol is any legal http address, e.g. http://myhost.com:9000
- SonarQube account login - Specify the username for your account on this instance of Sonar, otherwise Quality Gates Plugin won't be able to get the necessary data if anonymous access is disabled for your project. If not specified the default Sonar username will be used.
- SonarQube account password - Specify the password for your account on this instance of Sonar, otherwise Quality Gates Plugin won't be able to get the necessary data if anonymous access is disabled for your project. If not specified the default Sonar password will be used.
1.3. Two or more Sonar Instances Configured
If you have two or more configurations for Sonar Instances in the Global Configuration you will need to choose one of them in your job configuration.
2. Job Configuration
Quality Gates Plugin needs a SonarQube code analysis so it can check its Quality Gates status. In order to get the latest quality gates status from the most recent Sonar analysis, Quality Gates Plugin should be put below SonarQube plugin in the post-build step of the job if you use the older version of SonarQube analysis or if you use the Standalone SonarQube Analysis in the build step of the job just put our plugin in the post-build step.
2.1. No Sonar Instance in the Global Configuration
- When using the older SonarQube way of analysis in the post-build step:
Project Key - To get the Project Key go to your Sonar instance (login if necessary) and click on the project whose key you need. You will be redirected to an URL like this: 'http://myhost.:9000/overview?id=123'.
Another click on the project name will redirect you to the same view with the URL looking like this: 'http://localhost:9000/overview?id=com.company%3AMyProject'.
ex: 'com.company%3AMyProject' is your Project Key
- When using the Standalone SonarQube Analysis as a build step: When using the Standalone SonarQube Analysis as a build step:
You define your own Project Key in the 'sonar-project.properties' file of your project or directly in the 'Analysis properties' textbox of the Standalone SonarQube Analysis
2.2. One Sonar Instance in the Global Configuration
- Project Key - same as above.
2.3. Two or more Sonar Instances in the Global Configuration
- Sonar instance 'Name' - Choose the configuration for the Sonar Instance that you want to associate with this build.
- Project Key - same as above.