This plugin controls the language of JenkinsNormally, Jenkins honors the browser's language preference if a translation is available for the preferred language, and uses the system default locale for messages during a build. This plugin allows you to:
- override the system default locale to the language of your choice
- ignore browser's language preference completely
This feature is sometimes convenient for multi-lingual environment.
Under Manage Jenkins > Configure System there should be a "Locale" section.
Here you can enter the "Default Language": this should be a language code or locale code like "fr" (for French), or "de_AT" (German, in Austria).
This value will be used by the system, for example, for messages that are printed to the log during a build (assuming that the Jenkins features and plugins that you're using have been translated into the specified language).
To additionally force this language on all users, overriding their browser language, you can check the "Ignore browser preference and force this language to all users" option.
- PR #6 - Add support of the configuration section title localization
- JENKINS-52131 - Provide API for setting the "Ignore Browser Settings" flag programatically
- PR #3 - Update Plugin POM and tooling in the plugin to suppress warnings about obsolete plugin format on Modern Jenkins versions
- Update minimal Jenkins core requirement to 1.625.3
- Translate update (Chinese)
- Update code for recent Hudson.
- Initial release.