This plugin enables users to set a revision (a version) for the Jenkins job.
The job revision sets the JOB_REVISION as an environment variable in the Jenkins job.
- To bring traceability when there are multiple branches of a product.
It is suggested to use the EnvInject
manage all job environment variables.
EnvInject plugin retrieves the job revision variable (JOB_REVISION).
- Retrieve the revision from the main build step stored in your build descriptor (Maven, Ivy, Gradle, ...)
- Add an optionalBlock
- Built for Jenkins 1.410 (company target)
- Workaround issue in IBM JVM causing intermittent ClassNotFoundException. (JENKINS-5141)
- Added a dedicated page to display the revision; the revision is also exposed by API (XML, JSON and Python).
- Added an Hudson ParameterValue to keep track of the revision through the builds.
- Initial release