This plugin enables users to set a revision (a version) for the Jenkins job.
The job revision sets the JOB_REVISION as an environment variable in the Jenkins job.
Some use cases
- To bring traceability when there are multiple branches of a product.
Combination with other plugins
It is suggested to use the EnvInject Plugin to manage all job environment variables.
EnvInject plugin retrieves the job revision variable (JOB_REVISION).
- Retrieve the revision from the main build step stored in your build descriptor (Maven, Ivy, Gradle, ...)
Version 0.6 (2012-01-03)
- Add an optionalBlock
Version 0.5 (2011-05-16)
- Built for Jenkins 1.410 (company target)
Version 0.4 (2011-02-17)
- Workaround issue in IBM JVM causing intermittent ClassNotFoundException. (JENKINS-5141)
Version 0.3 (2010-07-02)
- Added a dedicated page to display the revision; the revision is also exposed by API (XML, JSON and Python).
Version 0.2 (2009-11-08)
- Added an Hudson ParameterValue to keep track of the revision through the builds.
Version 0.1 (2009-11-02)
- Initial release