This is the official Jenkins plugin for Fortify Static Code Analyzer (SCA) and Fortify Software Security Center (SSC).
The plugin adds the ability to perform security analysis with Micro Focus Fortify Static Code Analyzer, upload results to Micro Focus Fortify Software Security Center, show analysis results summary, and set build failure criteria based on analysis results.
Use the Fortify Jenkins Plugin in your continuous integration builds to identify security issues in your source code with Fortify Static Code Analyzer. After the Fortify Static Code Analyzer analysis is complete, you can upload the results to a Fortify Software Security Center server. The Fortify Jenkins Plugin also enables you to view the analysis result details within Jenkins. It provides metrics for each build and an overview of the results, without requiring you to log into Fortify Software Security Center.
You can find official plugin documentation here: https://www.microfocus.com/documentation/fortify-jenkins-plugin/
For more information about Fortify SCA, visit https://www.microfocus.com/cyberres/application-security/static-code-analyzer.
For more information about Fortify SSC, visit https://www.microfocus.com/cyberres/application-security/software-security-center.
- Provides a post-build action to analyze the source with Fortify Static Code Analyzer, update Security Content, analyze remotely with Fortify ScanCentral SAST, upload analysis results to Fortify Software Security Center, and set the build status to unstable depending on uploaded results processed by Fortify Software Security Center
- Provides pipeline support for source code analysis locally with Fortify Static Code Analyzer and remotely with Fortify ScanCentral SAST, updating Security Content, and uploading analysis results to Fortify Software Security Center
- Displays analysis results for each Job analyzed locally with Fortify Static Code Analyzer, which includes a history trend and the latest issues from Fortify Software Security Center, and navigation to individual issues on Fortify Software Security Center for detailed analysis
This set of instructions describes how to configure the plugin to run a local Fortify Static Code Analyzer scan, upload the analysis results to Software Security Center, and then see the analysis results in Jenkins. You can also run the analysis with ScanCentral SAST. See the full documentation for instructions.
Create an authentication token of type CIToken. Log in to Fortify Software Security Center, click the Administration tab and select Users > Token Management on the left pane. Click New to create an authentication token of type CIToken, and then click Save. Copy the decoded token at the bottom of the dialog box.
In Jenkins, install the Fortify plugin.
From the Jenkins menu, select Jenkins > Manage Jenkins > Configure System. To trigger an unstable build based on the results and to see analysis results in Jenkins, you need to upload the locally run analysis results to Fortify Software Security Center. Scroll down to the Fortify Assessment section, and then do the following:
- In the SSC URL box, type the Fortify Software Security Center server URL.
- Below the Authentication token box, click Add > Jenkins to open the Jenkins Credentials Provider dialog box and add a credential of the type Fortify Connection Token. Add a description for the credential, and paste the token value you created in step 1 in the Token box.
- To use the proxy settings configured in Jenkins for connecting to Fortify Software Security Center, select Use Jenkins proxy.
- Click Test SSC connection.
To analyze your project with Fortify Static Code Analyzer or to update Fortify security content as part of your build, make sure that the Fortify Static Code Analyzer is in the system Path environment variable or create a Jenkins environment variable to specify the location of the Fortify Static Code Analyzer executable. In Global properties, create the following environment variable:
- Name: FORTIFY_HOME
- Value: <sca_install_dir> where <sca_install_dir> is the path where Fortify Static Code Analyzer is installed. For example, on Windows the default installation location is C:\Program Files\Fortify\Fortify_SCA_and_Apps_<version>.
Configuration when running Jenkins from Docker
When running Jenkins in a Docker container, mount <sca_install_dir> directory to the Docker container to make Fortify Static Code Analyzer executables accessible from Docker. The following command is an example of how to do this:
docker container run \ -p 8080:8080 \ -v /home/admin/Fortify/Fortify_SCA_and_Apps_22.1.0:/var/jenkins_home/Fortify/Fortify_SCA_and_Apps_22.1.0 \ --name=jenkins \ jenkins/jenkins -d
For this example, the value of FORTIFY_HOME is
Older versions of this plugin might not be safe to use. Review the following warnings before using an earlier version:
This plugin is maintained by the Fortify team. If you have any problems, questions, or enhancement requests or would like to contribute to the code please let us know via GitHub Issues.