This plugin displays icon(s) representing the cause(s) of a build directly in the build history. It lets you quickly know which cause triggered a build.Without this plugin, you may sometimes wonder what triggered a particular build shown in the build history.
To know it, you have to open each link separately, which can be cumbersome.
Note: after installation, the plugin will currently only add icons on new builds. Old builds won't have the indicator.
Last Build Trigger Column
Wait, this does not work, I see a question mark icon for my builds!
This means the cause of the build is not yet supported by the plugin. It's pretty easy to add one, we basically only need the fully qualified name (FQN) of that build cause, and an icon .
Finding out that FQN is pretty easy. You can simply use the Jenkins API through your browser.
Open the build page, and suffix it with /api/xml?xpath=//cause&wrapper=causes. To give something like: _https://yourjenkinsserver/job/somejob/15/api/xml?xpath=//cause&wrapper=causes_
Then, paste that output in a JIRA issue explaining your case. Even better, filing a pull-request would be great .
Changelog (note: the date format below is the logical one, not the american one )
Version 2.10 -
- Support the Parameterized Scheduler Plugin cause (PR-33)
- Update to Java 8 and Jenkins 2.60.3 minimum requirement
Version 2.9 -
- Support the CloudBees Checkpoints Plugin cause
Version 2.8 - 17/02/2017
- Support the branch-api plugin's
Version 2.7 - 20/11/2016
- Support the proprietary CloudBees Pull-Request Builder for GitHub Plugin cause
Version 2.6 - 15/10/2016
- Support the XTrigger Plugin Cause. Requested through JENKINS-38932
Version 2.5 - 07/10/2016
- Support the Pipeline Replay Cause. See the related article to know more about that
Version 2.4 - 04/10/2016
- Support for Branch Indexing from the Branch API Plugin
- (Internal: updated to the 2.x plugin parent pom)
Version 2.3 - 17/06/2016
- Support for the Github Integration Plugin
Version 2.2 - 10/10/2015
- JENKINS-27225 Workflow plugin support (now Workflow jobs also have the BuildTriggerBadge icons)
- Text for column changed from "Last Build Trigger" to just "Cause" so that it's short. Particularly important/useful when using the "icon only mode" available since 2.1
Version 2.1 - 01/09/2015
Pull-requests Based Release :
- Support for the Stash Pull Request Builder Plugin cause, thanks to Alexis Morelle
- Support for the URL Trigger Plugin cause, thanks to Lucy Davies
- JENKINS-26186 Enable changing display format for Last Build Trigger Column, thanks Łukasz Jąder
Version 2.0 - 06/02/2015
- Support for externally defined badges: one can now add, override or disable badges through extension points
Version 1.4 - 31/01/2015
- JENKINS-26233 : support for the GitHub Pull Request Builder Plugin cause
Version 1.3 - 24/09/2014
- Some french translations fixes/adjustments
- add badge for general Git commit hook cause (thanks Domi)
Version 1.2 - 29/04/2014
- Added icons for :
- Build Flow Plugin
- Naginator Plugin
- Bitbucket pushes
- JENKINS-22557: Column should have text in tooltip (like history)
- Typos fixes in french translations
- Added a column showing cause and short description of the last build -> thanks to Łukasz Jąder (ljader) : pullrequest #3
- Added periodic-reincarnation-plugin cause -> thanks to Mirko Friedenhagen (mfriedenhagen) : pullrequest #4
- Upgrade required core version to current Jenkins LTS version (1.509.2)
- Added M2Release cause as UserCause -> thanks to Christian Apel (christianapel) : pullrequest #1
- Added GitPush cause + Fall back on superclass if a cause does not have a badge -> thanks to James Clarke (jrtc27) : pullrequest #2
- JENKINS-15474 : filter duplicates of the same Cause type and the same description
To remove duplicates of the same Cause type and the same description (see JENKINS-15474), you can apply this groovy script :
It's not necessary to apply this script for versions >= 0.9.
- JENKINS-15307 : fix images URL when Jenkins is running as non-context root (deployed as a tomcat webapp, for example).
- Added a global option to de/activate the plugin
- Added support for builds triggered from command line using jenkins-cli.jar (CLICause) and for remotely triggered build (RemoteCause).
- initial release.
- Shows icons for builds triggered by user, timer, scm or upstream cause. Any other cause will currently show a question mark.