This plugin is up for adoption. Want to help improve this plugin? Click here to learn more!
Backup plugin allows archiving and restoring your Jenkins (and Hudson) home directory.
This plugin is searching for a new maintainer!
Unfortunately, the current maintainer has no more time to work on this plugin, but there are still some important issues to fix.
If you want to take ownership of this plugin, just don't hesitate (please mention that on the mailing list).
Want periodic backups?
This plugin requires that you manually start it to back up your data.
For automated periodic backups, check out the thinBackup plugin.
The Backup plugin adds a new Backup manager item in the Manage Jenkins page. This item allows (cf. screenshot below):
- Tweaking backup settings (using the Setup link)
- Backuping Jenkins's configuration (using the Backup Jenkins configuration link)
- Restoring Jenkins's configuration from a previous backup (using the Restore Jenkins configuration link)
Alternatives to this plugin
There are two other alternatives to this plugin:
- The SCM Sync configuration plugin allows automatically tracking changes brought to the global configuration of Jenkins and to the jobs configuration into a configuration management system (Subversion, etc.).
- The thinBackup plugin focuses on backuping Jenkins's global configuration and jobs configuration. It also offers a scheduling feature (if you think the efforts on this plugin and the Backup one should be merged, just notify us!).
Version 1.6.1 (08/04/2011)
- Fixed JENKINS-5968: org.codehaus.plexus.archiver.ArchiverException: Failed to read filesystem attributes
Version 1.6 (12/10/2010)
- Added a new Configuration files (.xml) only option to backup only configuration files.
- Added a new No shutdown option to trigger backup without shutting down Hudson.
- Added some icons in the Backup manager screen.
- Fixed JENKINS-7634: Hudson backup deletes home directory and hangs.
Version 1.5 (07/01/2010)
- Implemented JENKINS-6892: Allow configuration of custom exclusions
- Implemented JENKINS-5305: It is no more possible to use
tar.bz2compression formats from Windows anymore.
- Fixed JENKINS-5929: Some images were not displayed.
Version 1.4.1 (02/21/2010)
- Help messages fixed
Version 1.4 (02/11/2010)
- It is now possible to define which files/directories have to saved from jobs' workspaces using a set of Ant includes/excludes patterns (refer to the @includes of Ant fileset for the exact format):
- Backup content is now configurable
- Only one backup in the same time is possible
- Maintenance release to remove a redirection problem on settings form submission when hudson is not the ROOT application (on http://myserver/hudson urls)
- Backup should run in the higher security privilege (report)
- Tar formats supported
- Configuration section
- File to restore selection
Version 1.0 (04/10/2009)
- Initial realease including manual file selection and ZIP format