Audit Trail2.2Minimum Jenkins requirement: 1.520ID: audit-trail
Keep a log of who performed particular Jenkins operations, such as configuring jobs.
This plugin adds an
Audit Trail section in the main Jenkins configuration page. Here you can configure log location and settings (file size and number of rotating log files), and a URI pattern for requests to be logged. The default options select most actions with significant effect such as creating/configuring/deleting jobs and views or delete/save-forever/start a build. The log is written to disk as configured and recent entries can also be viewed in the Manage / System Log section.
Also see the JobConfigHistory Plugin for recording actual changes made to job configurations.
Output audit logs in rolling files.
The file logger relies on
java.util.logging.FileHandler and can use patterns to describe the log file location as documented here (
Send audit logs to a Syslog server.
Advanced configuration screen
Output audit logs in
stderr. Primarily intended for debugging purpose.
Version 2.1 (16-Sept-2014)
- Add audit message with build start time, duration, node and cause
Version 2.0 (23-April-2014)
- Major refactoring to support multiple outputs
- Add Syslog output
- Add Console output
Version 1.8 (31-May-2013)
- Fixed security vulnerability.
Version 1.7 (3-Aug-2011)
- Log IP address for anonymous users. (JENKINS-10559)
Version 1.6 (24-Feb-2011)
- Rerelease 1.5 to properly set required Jenkins version.
Version 1.5 (15-Feb-2011)
- Set a default value for log location.
- Translation update (German)
Version 1.4 (21-Nov-2009)
- For queue item URLs, add URL for that item's job in the log entry.
- Update uses of deprecated APIs
Version 1.3 (3-Mar-2009)
- Updated to work with Hudson 1.288 and higher. Use version 1.2 for older Hudson versions.
- Fix so build triggers also appear in Manage / System Log section.
Version 1.2 (13-Feb-2009)
- Add option to log how each build is triggered (on Hudson 1.283 or higher; older versions just say "Started").
- Add some more URI patterns to log by default.
Version 1.1 (16-Jan-2009)
- Minor log setup fixes.
Version 1.0 (15-Jan-2009)
- Initial release.