Pipeline: Multibranch2.16Minimum Jenkins requirement: 1.642.3ID: workflow-multibranch
Automatically creates a new Jenkins job whenever a new branch is pushed to a source code repository.
Other plugins can define various branch types, e.g. a Git branch, a Subversion branch, a GitHub Pull Request etc.
See this blog post for more info:https://jenkins.io/blog/2015/12/03/pipeline-as-code-with-multibranch-workflows-in-jenkins/
A component of the Pipeline Plugin.
To determine the branch being built - use the environment variable
BRANCH_NAME - e.g.
2.16 (Jun 19, 2017)
- [44848@issue] Improved
propertieson non-branch projects to track which properties were actually added by the step vs. configured in the UI or otherwise directly, so that it need no longer clobber the ones not touched by the step.
2.15 (Jun 01, 2017)
JENKINS-34561 Option to select a script name/path other than
2.14 (Mar 10, 2017)
- JENKINS-40558 Replace in-line help references of "pipeline script" with "pipeline" to clarify that Pipeline Model Definition Plugin works with multibranch
2.13 (Mar 03, 2017)
- JENKINS-33273 Load
Jenkinsfile(or any file requested in
loadTrusted) directly from the SCM rather than doing a checkout. Requires a compatible SCM (currently Git or GitHub).
- JENKINS-40521 Orphaned branch projects are now effectively disabled.
- JENKINS-41146 Help text improvement.
- API change:
AbstractWorkflowMultiBranchProjectFactoryimplementers may now throw
One aspect of JENKINS-33273 is that you will not get an SCM changelog from a lightweight checkout of
Jenkinsfile itself---only if your script actually runs
This behavior change can be suppressed in case of emergency using
2.12 (Feb 02, 2017)
- JENKINS-40906 Add missing help text and configuration UI
2.10 (Jan 16, 2017)
- Please read this Blog Post before upgrading
- JENKINS-40906 Resolve an SCM from an SCMSource and a list of candidate target branch names
- JENKINS-39355 Use SCM API 2.0.x APIs
- JENKINS-32179 Branch indexing always attempts to create a new project for conflicting branch names from multiple sources
- Added subversion based integration tests
- If SCMSource.fetch returns null abort the build.
- JENKINS-35698 Initial run of parameterized pipeline build should return properties default value
- JENKINS-38987 SCMHead/SCMSource/SCMNavigator need getPronoun() to assist contextual naming
- JENKINS-38960 Deprecate TopLevelItemDescriptor.getIconFilePathPattern() and TopLevelItemDescriptor.getIconFile(String)
2.10-beta-1 (Dec 16, 2016)
- Updated to use new multibranch-related APIs.
- More robust handling of invalid revisions.
2.9.2 (Nov 09, 2016)
- 2.9.1 was corrupt.
2.9.1 (Nov 09, 2016)
- In cases where the SCM source does not recognize a branch and fails to determine its tip revision, fail with a clearer message.
Do not use. Use 2.9.2 instead.
2.9 (Sep 23, 2016)
- JENKINS-37005 Warn about use of the
propertiesstep from a non-multibranch project.
- JENKINS-37538 Ensuring that
readTrustedoutput is displayed incrementally, and can be interrupted.
2.8 (Jun 15, 2016)
- JENKINS-31386 + JENKINS-34596: allow use of
readTrustedinside a single-branch Pipeline Script from SCM.
2.7 (Jun 09, 2016)
- JENKINS-34246 Integration of upstream fix to orphan or modify multibranch projects inside an organization folder as project recognizers dictate.
2.6 (Jun 02, 2016)
- JENKINS-34596 Added
readTrustedstep to provide greater flexibility when building untrusted pull requests.
- Internal refactoring to expose multibranch functionality to other plugins.
2.5 (Jun 01, 2016)
- JENKINS-32396 Pick up dependency with new feature to suppress automatic triggers of certain branch projects.
- JENKINS-30206 Failure to update branch projects with modified configuration (only affecting newly introduced trigger suppression property).
2.4 (May 23, 2016)
- JENKINS-31831 Make new Pipeline Syntax link appear on multibranch Pipeline projects, and organization folders configured with the Pipeline factory.
2.3 (Apr 14, 2016)
- JENKINS-34235 Pipeline Multibranch project icon not found in the New Item page.
2.2 (Apr 14, 2016)
- Wrong release.
2.1 (Apr 13, 2016)
- JENKINS-31162 Support for Item categorization.
2.0 (Apr 05, 2016)
- First release under per-plugin versioning scheme. See 1.x changelog for earlier releases.