Pipeline: Basic Steps2.4Minimum Jenkins requirement: 1.642.3ID: workflow-basic-steps
Last released: 2 months ago
Commonly used steps for Pipelines.
A component of Pipeline Plugin.
- JENKINS-41276 retry now exits immediately upon receiving a user-initiated build abort.
- Implemented virtual thread dump status for waitUntil.
- Simplified some implementations as per JENKINS-39134.
- JENKINS-39072 (related to JENKINS-34637): make the timeout step print more information to the log, display status in Thread Dump, and forcibly kill its body after a grace period has elapsed.
- JENKINS-28385 Added getContext and withContext steps for use in advanced libraries.
- Warning in documentation regarding JENKINS-38640 & JENKINS-36914.
- JENKINS-37397 Allow use of symbols to select the type of a tool.
- Creating the workspace directory from some steps if the step required it and it did not already exist.
- Broken documentation link.
- JENKINS-29922 Marking step and wrap as “metasteps”, allowing simplified syntax with Pipeline Groovy Plugin 2.10. Correspondingly deprecating the artifact step for Jenkins 2.2+ users.
- JENKINS-34554 Maximum recurrence period for waitUntil, currently hard-coded.
- JENKINS-34281 Indicate in the build log if sleep still applies after a Jenkins restart.
- JENKINS-31842 Indicate in the virtual thread dump if sleep is ongoing.
- JENKINS-29170 Snippet generation improvements for mail.
- Some inline help fixes.