Subversion Partial Release Manager1.0.1Minimum Jenkins requirement: 1.625.3ID: svn-partial-release-mgr
View Subversion Partial Release Manager on the plugin site for more information.
This plugin provides the option to set up a job in Jenkins in order to build a partial release for a project.
Based on the plugin Subversion Release Manager Plugin
Suppose you have released a major version into production and created a tag into Subversion for that release.
The team developers start committing their code for the issues of the next release. For some reason (client needs it urgently, QA team has not signed off) you need to move into production only some of the issues you have committed into SVN.
This plugin allows you to :
- Select the issues you want to include into the partial release
- Keep track of all the revisions you have already deployed into previous partial releases for the same tag
Prerequisites: All revisions committed for the same issue must contain into their commit message the same issue identifier (e.g PRMG-102 ) where the PRMG- is the prefix configured into the job.
Here is a screenshot of the job selection screen of the issues to be released.( By checking an issue we actually check the revisions that have been committed for that issue )
After the user clicks the "Release Version" button the job will execute the following steps.
- Checkout from SVN the tag revision source
- Will get the selected revision file sources from svn.
- Combine the source and proceed with normal build of a partial release.
To create a partial release manager job one can act as follows.
- Create a new Maven Project Item
- Be sure to select the checkbox "Use- Svn Partial Relase Manager" ( red circle in the screenshot 1 below )
- Enter your svn repository url
- Enter your latest major release tag to build the partial release uppon to
- Enter the issue identifier prefixes ( comma delimeted if more than one )
NOTE!! One might have more than one partial releases for the same tag so he/she will repeat the above execution many times.
- In order to keep track of the previous release (aka the already moved to production releases ) one needs also to add a post build step ( screenshot 2 )
Version 0.1 (2017-03-31)
- Initial release