Structs1.9Minimum Jenkins requirement: 1.580.1ID: structs
Jenkins has many DSL like plugins that require having short concise names for implementations of the extension points and other Jenkins objects. For example, Job DSL Plugin refers to each
SCM extension by its short name. The same goes for pipeline plugin.
It benefits users that these DSL plugins use consistent names. This plugin, together with the
@Symbol annotation, allow plugin developers to name their extension and have all the DSL plugins recognize them.
Usage for developers creating any plugins
To allow all the DSL plugins to refer to your extensions by the same name, put
@Symbol annotation along side your
@Extension. The symbol name must be a valid Java identifier, and it should be short and concise. To keep the symbol name short, it needs to be only unique within the extension point. For example,
GitToolInstaller should both have a symbol name
git, because they are from different extension points. For compatibility reasons with DSL plugins that predates the structs plugin, some extensions may have legacy names that do not follow this convention.
If you are targeting 1.x version of Jenkins, you must also add the following dependency to your plugin POM:
Usage for DSL plugin developers
Look up an extension by its symbol:
Describable object from a key/value pairs, much like how Structured Form Submission does it via
Version 1.8 (Jun 15, 2107)
- JENKINS-44864 When uninstantiating, suppress values from
@Deprecatedsetters where the values have no effect on the resulting object.
Version 1.7 (May 25, 2017)
JENKINS-43337 Snippet generation should qualify otherwise ambiguous class names.
JENKINS-34464 Allow binding of parameters of type
Result, for example in the
JENKINS-31967 Handle remaining primitive types for parameters, for example
Version 1.6 (Feb 13, 2017)
- JENKINS-38157 Better diagnostics.
- Allow Groovy
GStringto be used in more places.
- API to check deprecation status of a type.
Version 1.5 (Aug 30, 2016)
- JENKINS-37820 Stack overflow in 1.4 under certain conditions.
Version 1.4 (Aug 26, 2016)
- JENKINS-37403 API for getting
Version 1.3 (Jul 28, 2016)
- JENKINS-29922 Support for
Version 1.2.0 (Jun 17, 2016)
- Added method to query deprecated methods (PR #5)
- Improve diagnostics for mismatched types (JENKINS-34070)
- Prevent recursions in the DescribableModel.toString() method (PR #3, related to JENKINS-32925)
Version 1.1.1 (Jun 16, 2016)
- Fix URL to the plugin's Wiki page in order to get it listed in Jenkins Update Center again (JENKINS-JENKINS-35918)
Version 1.1 (Mar 22, 2016)
- Many small commits made by Kohsuke Kawaguchi
Version 1.0 (Mar 18, 2016)
- initial version