I see only questions and no answers. Does anybody answers these questions? Otherwise what is the point to ask?
This is a Jenkins plugin which updates issues in Atlassian JIRA (by changing their status, adding a comment or updating fields) as part of a Jenkins job.
Jira-Issue-Updater-Plugin can search for issues to update using a flexible, user-definable JQL which can contain arbitrary variable values from the Jenkins Build, and update the contents of the JIRA.
The plugin can be called during a Post Build Step and/or as a Post Build Action.
Common Use Cases:
- Update a JIRA when a build passes/fails, for example to keep an audit trail in JIRA
- Update Fixed Versions in JIRA
- Fail a build if a JIRA cannot be found
Version 1.19 failed due to using out of date build settings. Updated and re-released as Version 1.20.
- Added fixed versions
- Use up to date build settings, deal with FindBugs and Javadoc issues
- Added version management
Changed to use the REST interface (SOAP has been deprecated and is being removed). The current functionality is:
- JIRA selection using JQL
- Add a JIRA comment (supports variable substitution)
- Update a field with a value (supports variable substitution)
- Set a workflow status
Note: "Fixed Versions" removed temporarily
Added "Post Build Action"
Added support for build parameters and environment variables.
and then they will get replaced for any of the below:
- jira comment
- workflow action name
When to use it
- in case you would like to announce or just log in Jira that the deployment of certain fixes / issues the acceptance server has completed (this makes sense if you already use Jenkins to deploy your applications to the acceptance web/app server).
- in case you would like Jenkins to update multiple issues when a new version of one of your projects is released (this makes sense if you use the "maven release plugin" and you trigger it from Jenkins).
- in case you would like to progress multiple Jira issues in the workflow (bulk changing the status of multiple Jira issues) and/or add a comment to issues after a Jenkins job has successfully completed.
How to use it
After installing this plugin you will find it:
- under the 'Add build step' option (in case of a free-style or multi-configuration project build jobs)
- under the 'Add pre-build Step' & 'Add post-build step' options (in case of Maven project build jobs)
- the Jira SOAP URL (e.g. http://something.com/rpc/soap/jirasoapservice-v2)
- the Jira username and password to be used to connect to Jira
- a JQL query selecting the issues to be updated (e.g. project="JENKINS" and status="Pending deploy")
- the name of the workflow action to be executed (not mandatory)
- the message to be added to each issue (not mandatory)