The current version of this plugin may not be safe to use. Please review the following warnings before use:
This plugin helps building debian (.deb) packages
Installing this plugin contributes following:
- Build debian package build step
- Publish debian packages post-build step
- Debian package builder section in the global configuration
- Debian package publisher section in the global configuration
The plugin uses global GPG key to build and sign .deb packages. It is configured in the Debian package builder section of the global configuration. The parameter names are pretty much self-descriptive:
Debian package publisher section configures available debian repositories to publish packages to:
The Advanced section configures SSH key to be used with SCPB method and extra SSH options (like -o StrictHostKeyChecking=no)
The Build debian package step has a main configuration parameter "Path to 'debian' catalog" that should point to a catalog that contains debian catalog.
For example, if checkout has structure like $WORKSPACE/myproject/util/debian/ you should use myproject/util as a configuration value.
By default, the build step will install all the requirements on its own, use pbuilder-satisfy-depends to install build-deps of a package and then use debuild to actually build package.
The package .deb will be added as a build artifact and badge with a version per backage built will be applied to the build:
The Publish debian packages post-build step uses debrealease to publish package and according .changes to the selected repository. The dupload.conf will be automatically generated with configured GPG account data and used keys.
Automatic version manipulation
Plugin is capable of automatically starting new package version upon build, recording recent changes and commiting it back to SCM.
However, the only supported SCM so far is Subversion due to the absence of commit capabilities in Jenkins SCM core classes.
To use it, check the "Generate changelog" box on the build step and "Commit changes back to repository" on the post-build step.
Upon build, it will:
- start a new version, increasing last numeric component of version by 1 – i.e. version 1.2.8 will become 1.2.9;
- if SCM is SVN, append revision number to the version number in form of '1.2.r12345', where 12345 is the revision;
- record all the changes – from SVN revision history, starting from last recorded revision, or from Jenkins build history – to debian/changelog of a new version via dch;
To better handle failed builds, use 'Checkout fresh copy' SVN option (or similar for other SCM).
Spaces in path
In versions prior to 1.3 there were issues with spaces in path, causing all kinds of errors. Problems in the plugin itself are fixed, however there are certain troubles in the debian build systems themselves, namely CDBS. See this issue on debian.org: http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=306941.
Version 1.6.6 (Dec 26, 2014)
Thanks to the https://github.com/roadrunner2 for PR
- Fix race and leak (pr #35)
Version 1.6.5 (Nov 06, 2014)
- Expand variables in pathToDebian (pr #34)
Version 1.6.2 (Aug 13, 2014)
- Preserve distribution of package when starting new version
Version 1.6.1 (Aug 11, 2014)
- Put dupload config in home directory (pr #23)
- Remove --distributor from dch invocation (pr #18)
- Make gpg-signing optional (pr #15)
- Switch to 1.509.4 LTS (pr #16)
Version 1.6.0 (May 16, 2014)
Thanks to the https://github.com/itIGO for PR
- Fix/tweak changelog generation for git
- Allow specifying explicitly new version for package
Version 1.5.7 (May 14, 2014)
- Fix git commit in case of subdirectory checkouts
- Add -y to all apt-get install commands
- Various internal improvements and docs
Version 1.5.3 (January 17, 2014)
Thanks to the https://github.com/itIGO for PRs
- Expanding environmental variables in DebianPackagePublisher's commitMessage
- Exporting source package name to the build's environment variables
Version 1.5.2 (August 8, 2013)
- Minor bugfix in git support
Version 1.5.1 (August 8, 2013)
- Minimal support for git is introduced. Commit changes back to SCM now commits debian/changelog to the local git repository in order to allow Git publisher to push the branch to the origin.
Version 1.4.2 (March 21, 2013)
- Minor fix to work with parametrized SVN URLs
Version 1.4 (Nov 7, 2012)
- Minor fix to add '--no-tgz-check' debuild param
Version 1.3 (Oct 26, 2012)
- Minor fixes to allow spaces in workspace path
Version 1.2 (Oct 22, 2012)
- Initial version