Applatix1.1Minimum Jenkins requirement: 1.625.3ID: applatix
Enables Jenkins to run a parent workflow that triggers a child workflow in your already deployed Applatix Kubernetes cluster (for continuous integration or deploying a containerized application), To enable this capability in Jenkins, you'll need to install and configure the Applatix plugin for Jenkins.
NOTE: Before you install the plugin, make sure you have already created a Workflow template for the child CI workflow, specifying the necessary parameters for the workflow. In Applatix, workflows are driven by YAML templates that are written in the Applatix Domain Specific Language (DSL). You create templates in YAML to define workflows and deployments. In the Applatix plugin for Jenkins, you'll also specify your SCM repo, YAML template name, and input parameters to launch your workflows. Since Applatix runs container-native workflows, you can run thousands of jobs in parallel. For details, see Applatix YAML Tutorial and Reference for details about creating a workflow template.
Here's the procedure to install the Applatix plugin for Jenkins:
- From your Jenkins dashboard, click Manage Jenkins.
- Click Manage Plugins.
- Click; Available.
- Search for Applatix.
- Check Applatix and click Install without restart.
Here's the procedure to configure the build to run the child workflow on Applatix:
- From a Jenkins Project view, click Configure.
- Click Build Environment tab and click Add a build step.
- Select Applatix System Integration.
- Enter the following information for Applatix configuration:
- Applatix URL - The URL of your installed Applatix Cluster.
- Applatix Username - The username for logging into your Cluster.
- Applatix Password - The password for logging into your Cluster.
- Enter the following information for the Service Template Configuration:
- Service Template Name - Name of the YAML template in your repository.
- Service Template Repository- The URL to the repository that the YAML template exists.
- Service Template Branch - The branch in your repository where the YAML template exists.
- (Optional) Click Add to specify parameters for a workflow. These are key-value pairs that your workflow needs to successfully complete the build.
- Click SAVE.
At this point, you are ready to launch the child workflow on Applatix from the main workflow running on Jenkins.